High School Fleet (ハイスクール・フリート), also known as Hai-Furi (はいふり), is a Japanese anime television series produced by Production IMS. Yuu Nobuta directed the anime while Reiko Yoshida handled series composition, with character designs by Naoto Nakamura and original character designs by Atto. It aired from April 9, 2016 to June 25, 2016.
A manga adaptation illustrated by Kanari Abe began serialization in Media Factory's seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive's December 2015 issue released on October 27, 2015.
An Original Video Animation (OVA) project aired between March 31st, 2017 and May 24th, 2017.
A High School Fleet smartphone game is in development and is to be released December 2018.
A movie's production was announced in April 2018
With Japan along with most countries having developed as a maritime nation, it became necessary to have specialized schools to teach skills essential to protecting the sea. The setting is one such all-girls school. The girls who enroll here study to become "Blue Mermaids" through classroom instruction and teaching of practical skills.
"Blue Mermaids" are women who pursue the ocean for their professional occupation. They live by the motto "In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go." They must excel in their studies, but must also adopt an international mindset. They are the "Elite of the Sea," and are expected to be knowledgeable of the customs and cultures of other countries as well as their own.
"In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go ... Blue Mermaids!" Japan, 100 years after plate subductions caused many other countries to be submerged, this event was said to occur after the Russo Japanese war.
To save the remaining countries, the coastal cities that had been built up were launched into the seas, and the seaborne routes between them expanded. With this expansion, a need for personnel that could safeguard the seas arose.
Women began to seek employment in this new industry, and soon, the "Blue Mermaids," those who keep the sea safe, began to be a source of admiration for many.
- Akeno Misaki - Captain, Class President
- Mashiro Munetani - Deputy Captain, Vice Class President
- Shima Tateishi - Artillery Chief, Artillery Officer
- Mei Irizaki - Torpedo Chief, Torpedo Officer
- Kouko Nosa - Recording Personnel, Secretary
- Rin Shiretoko - Chief Navigator, Navigation Officer
Surface Combat DepartmentEdit
- Hikari Ogasawara - Artillery Personnel: Main Battery Aimer
- Michiru Takeda - Artillery Personnel: Main Battery Turner
- Junko Heki - Artillery Personnel: Main Battery Gunner
- Ritsuko Matsunaga - Torpedo Personnel: First Torpedo Tube
- Kayoko Himeji - Torpedo Personnel: Second Torpedo Tube
- Kaede Marikouji - Sonar Personnel: Trumpeter
- Satoko Katsuta - Navigation Personnel
- Hideko Yamashita - Port Navigation Control Personnel
- Mayumi Uchida - Starboard Navigation Control Personnel
- Tsugumi Yagi - Telegraph Personnel
- Megumi Uda - Operations Specialist
- Machiko Noma - Lookout Personnel
- Maron Yanagiwara - Engineering Chief, Engineering Officer
- Hiromi Kuroki - Assistant Engineer
- Reo Wakasa - Engineering Personnel
- Sakura Ise - Engineering Personnel
- Runa Suruga - Engineering Personnel
- Sora Hirota - Engineering Personnel
- Hime Wazumi - Damage Control Chief, Beautification Officer
- Momo Aoki - Damage Control Personnel, Beautification Officer
- Mimi Toumatsu - Accountant Chief, Treasurer
- Mikan Irako - Supply Personnel: Artillery Operation, Cooking Officer
- Homare Kinesaki - Supply Personnel: Torpedo Operation, Cooking Officer
- Akane Kinesaki - Supply Personnel: Torpedo Operation, Cooking Officer
- Minami Kaburagi - Medical Chief, Medical Officer
- Moeka China - Captain of the Musashi and childhood friend of Akeno Misaki
- Wilhelmina Braunschweig Ingenohl Friedeburg - Deputy Captain of the Admiral Graf Spee whom later join Harekaze crew after her ship were infected with RATt virus
- Kaoru Furushou - Captain of the Sarushima and instructor of Yokosuka Marine Girls High School
- Mayuki Munetani - Principal of the Yokosuka Marine Girls High School
- Sango Sugimoto - Captain of the repair ship Akashi
- Yui Fujita - Captain of the supply ship Mamiya
- Thea Kreutzer - Captain of the Admiral Graf Spee
- These was a rumour that Wilhelmina was supposed to have a love interest in the form of a British ship captain at British naval school. He would have been with her in the anime but was cut as he would have dropped the focus off of the main characters.
- Mashimo Munetani - Inspector First Class of Blue Mermaids Maritime Safety Support Department and Safety Oversite Office
- Tomoko Hiraga - Inspector Second Class of Blue Mermaids Maritime Safety Support Department and Safety Oversite Office
- Mafuyu Munetani - Captain of Blue Mermaids Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship Benten
- Sumire Kishima - Member of Blue Mermaids Rapid Response Security Fleet
- Harekaze - A Kagerou-class destroyer with ship registration Y467
- Yamato- A Yamato-class Battleship with ship registration K117
- Musashi - A Yamato-class battleship with ship registration Y118
- Hiei - A Kongou-class battlecruiser with ship registration Y102
- Akashi - A repair ship with ship registration Y2302
- Mamiya - A supply ship with ship registration Y2201
- Sarushima - A modified Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship with ship registration Y-083
- Benten - A modified Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship with ship registration BPF10
- Admiral Graf Spee - German Deutschland-class cruiser with ship registration W207
- I-201 - I-201-class submarine from Toumai Boy High School with ship registration H6201
- I-083 - A modified Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship
- 12.7 cm/50 3rd Year Type gun - Harekaze's main gun (ep 1-4)
- 10 cm/65 Type 98 gun - Harekaze's main gun (ep 5-10)
- 5 inch/54 Mark 16 gun - Harekaze's main gun (ep 11-?)
- 46 cm/45 Type 94 gun - Musashi's main gun
- 28 cm/52 SK C/28 gun - Admiral Graf Spee's main gun
- 36 cm/45 41st Year Type gun - Hiei's main gun
- 57 mm/70 Mark 110 - Sarushima's & Benten's main gun
|01||"In a Pinch on Our Maiden Voyage!"||April 9, 2016|
|02||"In a Pinch During the Pursuit!"||April 16, 2016|
|03||"In a Pinch in Pajamas!"||April 23, 2016|
|04||"Maidens in a Pinch!"||April 30, 2016|
|05||"Pinched by the Musashi!"||May 7, 2016|
|06||"In a Mined Pinch!"||May 14, 2016|
|07||"In a Stormy Pinch!"||May 21, 2016|
|08||"In a Pinch with the Hiei!"||May 28, 2016|
|09||"Mina in a Pinch!"||June 4, 2016|
|10||"Happy at the Equator Festival!"||June 11, 2016|
|11||"In a Pinch with a Battleship's Big Cannon!"||June 18, 2016|
|12||"In a Pinch in the Final Battle!"||June 25, 2016|
International Release TimeEdit
|Crunchyroll||North/Central/South America, UK/IE, AU/NZ||English Sub||Sun 17:30|
|Daisuki||North/Central/South America, UK/IE, AU/NZ|
Asia (Except JP, CN, KR, IN)
Europe (except German/French area)
European Spanish Sub
Brazilian Portuguese Sub
A manga serialization for the series is now taking place in the Monthly Comic Alive, starting from its Volume Dec 2015. The story is a prequel to the anime.
The manga series is named Hai-Furi in Japanese, with an English secondary title: "Peaceful Diary of High School Fleet".
Another manga serialization with focus on what happened to Wilhelmina is also serializing in Monthly Comic Alive.
MF Bunko J is going to publish a light novel for High School Fleet.
In addition, a series of novel spin-offs for the show started serialization in the Monthly Comic Alive since June 2016.
From April 9, 2016, NicoNico streamed a radio program related to the show via http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv257280047 every Saturday at 23:30 JST within Japan, 30 minutes before the show's premier. The radio program was then be added to Hibiki Radio in the following Monday.
- High Free Spirits by TrySail
- Ripple Effect by Haruna Luna
- Character Songs
- Watashitachi Kinenbi by Misaki Akeno (CV: Natsukawa Shiina), China Moeka (CV: Amamiya Sora)
- 147 no Yume by Shima Tateishi (CV: Nozomi Furuki)
- 360° Barricade by Michiru Takeda (CV: Kikuchi Hitomi)
- Schastivolvo Puti by Satoko Katsuta (CV: Chisato Satsuki)
- C・H・A・T・T・Y by Reo Wakasa (CV: Shimizu Ayaka)